Tutorials and other information
For best viewing of the tutorials set your screen resolution to 1280 x 800 or higher. These presentations are audio enabled. Make sure your speakers are on.
Click on the following subjects to view the tutorial
Resizing your image with Photoshop:
How to resize images for club competitions
Resizing your image in Apple Mac Preview:
- Open your image in "Preview" and Select "Tools"
- Select adjust size
- Make sure ‘Scale Proportionality’ and that ‘Resample Image’ is checked.
- Set your width, to 1028 pixels for landscape photos and a maximum height of 800 pixels for portrait oriented photos, and click OK
- Save using our club competition file naming convention as follows:
- The name you have given your image followed by a hyphen then your name. Be sure to save the image as a jpg image not a gif, png, or bmp.
- ie: fileName-photographerName.jpg
Some members have reported trouble sending images with Windows live. They have found that you should not "Add Photos" but should "Attach" them and send as a folder.
What Makes a Photo Good
Click HERE to visit Charlotte Lowrie's excellent article on creating a good photo.
Click HEREto view Norman Koren's Zone System Article.